Wednesday, July 26, 2006

My backyard. Step 4


It's time to lay the foundation for the brick patio. Start with about 6 inches of gravel for drainage. In this case I'm using recycled concrete as my base, I'm also saving the enviornment.

By saving the enviornment I hope to promote growth of our nations wetlands. (not in my backyard but hopefully the concrete was dug up to plant some wetlands or whatever they do.) More wetlands mean more Ducks. More ducks means more killin' of ducks. Is'n that what it's all about in the end. So you could say that by redoing my backyard I'm helping the nations duck populations and all the hunters of America. Now that's patriotic.

Over the top of the gravel use builders sand to place the brick on top of. This forms a nice base after it has been compacted and leveled. You are now ready to lay the brick.

No comments: