Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Journal of 2005 - 2006 Duck Season.


Day 1. 4:00 am. Woke up this morning with the promise of a wonderfull begining to the new season. Overcast and a little chilly, not a bad day for this early.5:00 am. Picked up Fred with enough time to get to Sauvies Island and get in line for the lottery to pick the best blinds for the day. Fred does a great job of picking a low number and we go to the warden to try a new spot.5:35 am. Warden informs us that Fred has brought the wrong licence. Although he's already purchaced the correct one, it's back at his house. (25 min away)6:30 am. After a visit to the lacal 7-11 to try to buy another licence, (the machine was broken) we're back at Freds to get the right licence. Resist urge to leave him there as we are a team after all.7:25 am. We are now all set up at the old shitty Lewis and Clark spot of previous years. Conversation resumes.7:30 am to 2:30 pm. Wait for ducks.2:31 pm. Go home. Well there you have it. The first day of the season and we are off to a roiusing start.

Fortunately for us lessons were learned and today (wed) was much better. Fred shot the first Greenie of the year and made a cool $10 in the process. I missed 8 ducks 5 times because I'm sure my gun is bent or something, not to worry, I'll be getting a new gun soon and all my problems will be solved. Remember it's allways the arrow, not the Indian. Speaking of new guns I've been lusting over the new Benelli nova pump shotgun for almost a year now. Finally I've got the many layers of approval I need to get one and I'm very excited. I should be able to pick it up next Sunday. Then, this morning, my best pal shows up with the Benelli Super Black Eagle semi auto full crumbler. He even let me hold it. Hey, what are best friends for. That's it for this installment of the new season of hunting. Maybe in the future we will have some photos to go with the text. Hope you enjoyed it.

God bless Charlton Heston.

No comments: