Thursday, December 06, 2007

And On the Eleventh Day.......

Charlton Heston created water. Yes folks it's that time of the year again, the water is up. Day eleven started off all most like every other hunting morning but with just a few exceptions. The first being we had a small welcome back party for Lisa. We celebrated with a fresh tank of gas and Red Bull. Secondly Bob learned an important lesson, an alarm only works if you turn it on. After loading up Lisa we headed out to the "Old New Spot" and after a short walk we discover the water is up about 7 feet as well as a fog 7 feet thick. While trying to find a dry spot to set up a "camp" I discover how badly my waders leek. After a few steps in the water my boots are filled I mean FILLED with water. We find a spot and throw out the blocks. Bobs feet are dry, I'm literally standing in 3 inches of water I'm wondering how long I'm going to last, it's still very early but at least its not cold. We have a brilliant idea, why not build a fire, dry my socks and feet, put my feet into nice dry socks then into some plastic bags we have available. This Is Survivor Man! Ever try to make a fire in the woods after it has rained 3 1/2 inches in 2 days? This team did! After my first failed attempt Bob da Folder's 4H years came back to him. In the old days they used to call him one match Bob. Well Bob gets the fire going but it just can't sustain for a long period of time due to the moist branches. As I'm standing there snacking on some Pringles watching Bob struggle, I have a brilliant idea. Do you know how well and hot 6 or 7 Pringles burn? You stack those suckers just right and bamo instant fire. Just a tip to you from the H7HT. Anyway got my socks dried and and put my feet into those 7-11 plastic bags and back into my waders. No luck. The fog never really lifted and the water only came up some more and my buddy noticed my pain and discomfort, (not the same pain and discomfort he had on day 10, literally dropping wolf bait) so he called the day. What a pal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LEEK-A FOOD PRODUCT
LEAK-YOUR BOOT

Greenie said...

1. Just making sure people are reading this thing

2. I went to Cheshire HIgh