Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Day 3

It sure was a blustery one today.

Day three started just as you may expect after reading this blog for four seasons now. Being picked up at 4:30 am has it's drawbacks but there can also be some unintended fun that comes along with it. Sitting on my well lit front porch waiting to hear the rumble of good ole American V-8 power that is Lisa, I saw my neighbor lady. She's kind of an odd sort. Maybe she keeps strange hours too or maybe, just maybe, she's up to no good. But when she walks by my house and sees me sitting on the stoop holding a shotgun I know one thing runs through her head, don't mess with his shit.

So sure enough Lisa arrives with all the gear needed for a great day of early season folding. We drive off to the Old New spot a little earlier now. See, everyone seems to be hunting there now. Apparently there is a thread on some hunting web site that tells people to go to this area and that the hunting is good there. We officially hate this web site. How dare they share the public lands with the Public. We all know that the H7HT was here first. We all know that we're the best. But still people are invading our space so now we have to get up before everyone else. You know what they say "The early bird gets the ducks", or something to that effect. Maybe it's"Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice I'll shoot your decoys". Whatever.


So out to the newest spot we go. Rebuild the blind. Set the blocks. Tell some other hunters where to go. Wait for sunrise.

Well that's it. Today's video shows the windy conditions that should have brought the ducks right to us but unfortunately there were no ducks today. Never fear though because next time will be GREAT!
GBCH




No comments: