Tuesday, January 06, 2009

History Lesson.


Check out this man here. This is Clyde M. Campbell, Grandfather of Bob DaFolder and an avid sportsman of his day. Notice the shotgun slung casually over his arm and the gleam in his eye as he prepares himself for a day of trap shooting or perhaps some skeet. He is likely wearing wool clothing and a waxed cotton hat for his outing in the great outdoors. Ahh the good ole' days.

Little has changed since then. I too wear wool first layers and a waxed hat for my days in the duck blind. The only difference is that he likely shot more ducks in one day than I have all year. Let me tell you that this will change tomorrow as I plan to slay at least 4 ducks at Sauvies Island. Now some might think that would be good enough to overtake Fred G in the total kill count for 08 but the reality is that he may also fold several. Stay tuned to find out!

GBCH

No comments: