Friday, October 23, 2009

Day Two 2009

Curiosity. Curiosity is what over came me the next day. Last year we saw ducks while scouting in the afternoon and this year we saw ducks while scouting in the afternoon. Was I missing it? After a relaxing day I decide to pack up and head out to the Old New Spot, maybe the time to hunt is in the afternoon, maybe it's a spot where the ducks like to settle down for the night. I arrive at 1pm, I make my way out and would you not believe it but there was a truck in the lot, a truck in the lot on a Monday and a Sauvies day no less. Well I hike it out and luckily the spot I wanted was vacant. I set out some blocks and build a small blind. It's a commando day, a day when I go in with minimal equipment. 10 blocks a gun and a few condiments. The afternoon was beautiful, my blocks lit up and a small west wind. In a while 3 ducks fly over my head from behind, almost perfect, I forgot my calls no way of getting them back. Damn! After a few more hours I decide to pack it up. It's four o'clock, maybe I could catch the end of the Yankee game. Hiking out hoping Bob has just a good day if not better tomorrow.

No comments: