Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Another Day Number Unkown

One bad knee and one bad hip walk into a bar and the bartender says "what's hoppining?"
Get it?

So Cliffy and I decide not to let our time here on the great planet earth just pass us by, we decide to head out to Sauvies on Sunday. I know what you are saying, "On a SUNDAY?!" "Hunting Sauvies on a Sunday?" "Fred G. is it not the busiest day of the week?" "Aren't you two lame guys?" (lame being disabled by the way) It is. And we are. Being the BEST we figured it out. One word, Afternoon hunting. I pick up Cliffy, after a good night sleep, a tasty breakfast, and a little work around the house, at a reasonable time 12:00 pm. We head to Sauvies pull up to the check in station walk right up pick a blind, Mud Hen 11, and by 1:15 we are set up and ready to slay. We have 2 hours and 45 minutes. Sauvies is different as you all well know, cause you all read the blog, you see ducks and you hear other guys skybustin. After a few flights of ducks way over heads I remember something. They love the whistle!!! How did I forget? I guess being out three times all ready this year this was like the first real day. After a little whistle blowing I worked some ducks into our spread, something that does not happen very often on Sauvies, and some shots were taken and some birds flew away. It's getting closer to dusk now and we have about 20 minutes to go, birds are flying. (note picture in story and picture in header) With a little more whistle I work a set of ducks into our spread, it was then that I "Jumped the Gun". Lets just say it is good to know the Benelli works just fine, hopefully first of the year jitters are gone. We will be back.

Dropped my Tiparello part duex

2 comments:

Bob said...

Afternoon Hunting? But when do you have time to drink?

cliffy said...

Do you drink anymore?