Wednesday, November 18, 2009

It's Not the Best But It Is Ours



How about an afternoon hunt at the Old New Spot I asked myself? Sure what the hell I said. Got out of work and on the road at about 2pm, only need a couple of hours I said. Hell I have "The Patience Of Job".
.
.
.
It's not the best place in the world to hunt, it's not even half way decent this time of year. But it has something a lot of other places does not, solitude. Imagine if you could a place you owned that you could go out and sit in peace, you are what you make of it. Imagine winning the old Powerball, and being Wednesday I did. I sat among the grasses with my seven blocks out, with my whikey and my wides doing just that. This is what it's going to be like someday, I thought to myself. But one thing will be different, there will be ducks. I'm not bitchin, it's a 20 minute drive and a 10 minute walk, easy enough even in my condition. I sat proudly being a part of the H7Ht, wearing my hat and hunting the way we always have done in the past. Reprezentin I call it, I knew the chances of seeing anything was slim to none, but there I sat. Reprezentin. Hunting the way we always have done. Reprezentin.
.
.
.
A few hours passed and it was time to call it, I pulled the blocks, packed the bags and hiked out. Lisa greeted me and we were off. It was a good day. I was able to hike out to the Old New Spot, I sat and enjoyed the peace, Mt. Hood peaking over the closer mountains all lit up by the evening light. It was almost perfect.

No comments: