Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Things in my neighborhood

In this installment of the ongoing series, things in my neighborhood, I present to you the image of Coconut Joe. This was taken in my backyard as Coconut was pilfering water from my hose for his personal use. Seems that years ago Joe was a normal guy leading an average life. Then one day he happened to fall from the back of a pickup truck while traveling down the highway, in the process hitting his 'coconut' and giving him the 'Dain Brammage' he wears to this day. As backyard neighbors we have come to accept Coconut's .0004 MPH staggering around his backyard and his roommate, who we call 'Tamale Joe', wandering around wrangling his cats. This week however held a new development.

The other day Coconut came to my yard asking if I could fill his empty Sunny D jug with water. Not a big deal as they are working on the sewers on my street and have all the lines dug up. I figured every man needs water and gave him some
high quality H2O from our tap. Next thing you know we come home to find him in the backyard decoupling my hose from the sprinkler. Turns out Coconut has not paid his water bill for months and they have shut it off, leaving me as the closest source of water. Now I'm not the type of guy to leave a man without water so I have agreed to leave my hose in the back yard so he can hydrate until he pays his bill and has water of his own. The unfortunate side effect is that I have this sight on a regular basis. As my girl plainly stated "I thought we moved out of the city to get away from crazy guys who smell like pee." Sweet!

GBCH

2 comments:

likabika said...

Sweet... Are those guys looking for a housemate? They have class and style. Very clever. Respect.

Cliffy said...

Dude, that's awesome. Maybe you could hire him to water the new golf course??????