Friday, September 10, 2010

Getting ready

Today I finally got Ole' Big Betty fixed and took us a shakedown run to Post Falls and the Cabellas store. She ran like a top so I figured I would reward us with some new hunting gear. On the list for today was some Greenwing Teal decoys, a new pair of hunting socks, a teal whistle, a calling CD to hone my skills, some Black Cloud 3" shells and this cool little motor to attach to the bottom of a decoy that makes it swim around in circles. Pretty good haul. They did not have decoy paint or a replacement wing for my spinning wing decoy. Guess that will have to wait.

While there I checked out "Conservation Mountain" pictured below. I'm a big fan of
irony so I took this picture and figured I'd share it with you. Only 30 days left until opening day! The trigger finger is sure gettin' itchy.

1 comment:

cliffy said...

A motor on a h7ht decoy? hmmmm........