Thursday, September 30, 2010

Pre-season Report.


Just what in Heston's name is going on here? I spent the morning on the golf course and the afternoon working in the yard in 80 degree heat! I thought the beginning of fall meant colder temperatures and guaranteed inclement weather. Duck weather. Instead I'm sweating while I mow the lawn for the 50th time this summer.....errrr, fall.

last week, while it was only in the 70's, I did a little scouting in the area where I hunted all last year. If you look on the map you will see Anderson Lake on the left hand side. When I pulled up Google Earth I found an area just to the northeast that looked promising. Grain fields of some kind and marshy or flooded areas ju
st on the other side of the gravel road. A gate and sign greeted me just before. ATTN: WATERFOWLERS you are hosed. What the hell?

So here's the good news. My new style hunting partner Dallas says he has a couple spots that were reccomended to him closer and more full of ducks. Of course two of them require a boat, but I figure this just gives us a reason to get a boat. Maybe one with a nice camo paint job and a spot for a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever. Who knows.

My biggest problem is that according to this here blog I will be the only member of the HOY7 Hunting Team that is hunting this year. Obviously due to the lack of posting from my team members I can assume that I am the only one who has any desire to slay ducks this year. I guess that's okay. My expert title will be safe from competition. Prove me wrong bitches.......

GBCH

No comments: