Thursday, October 07, 2010

Day One ?

So here it is 7:08am on Thursday morning. I just got home from what was supposed to be my first day of the season. I had spoken to Dallas yesterday and we set a time to go to the new spot he had scouted out with my old boss from Dave Smith Motors, Tom. This new spot is much closer than Anderson Lake and had some ducks in it the other day when Dallas went fishing there. We agreed to meet up at 5:45 this morning and would rally out and see what we could find in this early season heat wave. It's been in the 70s and sunny so I don't expect much except maybe a morning fly, but still a possible slaying opportunity.

I waited at the designated spot. And waited. And called. No answer. And drove by Dallas' house, no lights and his truck in the driveway. Then I drove home to lament the fact that I have been blown off. Bummer.

So here I sit at the computer to share my first day of hunting, if you can call it that. Does this leave a bad taste in my mouth you ask? Nope. I know in an hour or two my phone will ring and Dallas will apologize for not knowing or showing or being abducted by aliens last night. Whatever the reason, I'm sure the hunt will go on. I'll keep you posted....

GBCH

No comments: