Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Fish on?



The float is on and we are down river, past the bum fire under the bridge, and floating nicely. Cliffy is looking for a place to set the boat down so that the fishing can begin. Cliff and Fred have a $5 bet on the first fish to be caught. I'm out. Just taking pictures, 1000 to be exact. Both of them think I don't have the gumption to take 1000 pictures but I'm sure I've got the sauce.

As we pull into the first spot I take out the telephoto and short lens. My two intrepid fishermen settle in to their spots for some casting action and I start up the Nikon. Pic here, pic there, everywhere a pic. Fred G is looking like he's got something and I zoom in on what could be the first fish of the trip. He battles a swift current and a mighty beast and pulls the kingfish into shore.

Now here's the rub. The fish is lost in the reeds on the grab. Does it count?

The pictures son't show a fish or a grab. I leave it up to you, H7HT readers. Where and when is a fish "caught"? Do you need to bring it on shore? Have a picture taken? Just reel it in? Touch it with your hand? I'm not sure so I leave it up to you, vote in the comment section below and money will change hands.

GBCH

No comments: