Friday, June 03, 2011

Fly fishing trip 2011. Part 1.

So there I was, ticket in hand to fly out to the big city on the 2011 fly fishing trip. It was a long winter and nothing was more anticipated then the trip west to reunite with the less skilled hunters of the H7HT for some spring R&R. (I am the 'Expert' after all) As I drove to the airport my mind raced with the possibilities of this trip. Would we catch fish? Could we surpass the level of camaraderie of previous trips? Would Cliffy be attacked by a rattlesnake in his sleep? All valid questions but only one thing was truly important, who would shoot the most cans. More on that later.

The flight was uneventful and Fred G picked me up at the airport as planed. I immediately settled in at his home by eating most of his potato chips and having a cold chicken leg while he was hard at work. I took Lisa for the day and then it was off to my old employer to get a sweet 35mm digital SLR camera from old friend and poor golfer Clayton with which to take, what I planed to be, 1000 pictures. I thanked them for loaning me a tent last year for this trip, and would have asked to borrow another one but for one thing. Fred G. never returned it the first time. Nice! I finished the evening by eating a delicious dinner of Vodka Sau
ce at the best restaurant on the western seaboard, 3 Doors Down Cafe'. Of course Chucker "V Beered" me 4 times that night but I had been prepared for his shenanigans and came away unscathed.

The next day I spent some quality time with Lisa and the result is seen in these pictures. Fresh wax and full detail. Hey, what are friends for. Look at her shine. I even fixed the rear view mirror which came in handy later.
Seems I did not leave any gas in the tank after all my driving to and fro. Upon going to the gas station after I left, Fred G. promptly ran out of gas on the way and cursed my name, until that is, he realized I took the time to reinstall the rear view mirror. Everything's cool.

On a related note: Fred Meyer only sells recycled BBs, made from plastic. What the heck is wrong with these Liberal, cheese eating, micro car driving, hipster idiots at Fred Meyer? Plastic BBs? Might as well be shooting them at targets made from hemp fiber and hummus. Idiots.

Stay tuned......
GBCH




No comments: