Sunday, July 03, 2011

Go Silver Mountain!

Today I went to the 4th of July parade in Wallace Idaho. 'A day early and 40 floats short' is how I would sum up the parade. With that being said though, my employer was representin' with this well thought out and stylish float depicting a gondola car with recreational aids stuck all over it. It was driven by our head of marketing and Thomas the intern. Nice job boys!

The entire parade consisted of about 7 floats and the Search and Rescue team bringing up the rear. Not even 1 firetruck or police car finished off the parade but there was plenty of taffy and tootsie rolls being thrown from the ATV drivers and the plump lady in the 20's dress and parasol. I think she was depicting the town's rich heritage of prostitution stretching all the way into the 1980's. Even so, I enjoyed the sunshine and watching obese children running to get the candy before it went into the storm drains.

Tonight in Kellogg the circus has come to town but Paige decided we should not go after she heard the tortured blat of the elephants who were assisting in putting up the big top with their forced labor. I had the pleasure of witnessing the carnies setting up the games and rides. They looked like a well oiled machine of forced labor. Although I'm sure there will be many fleeced by crooked carnival games, someone is bound to win the giant panda and the foilbacked Matchbox 20 4X4 mirror. (I had my Lynyrd Skynyrd mirror from the '82 Durham fair for years. It still may be upstairs at my mothers house for all I know.) Tomorrow is the Kellogg parade and fireworks show, I can't wait. Someone may lose a finger.

GBCH

No comments: