Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Kellogg I Was There

 
I kicked his ass on this hole too

I kicked his ass on this hole
My recent travels took me through Kellogg ID.  As always Paige was an awesome host opening their log cabin, it's made of logs, and making me feel welcomed. Bob on the other hand, Bob could not stop talking about how much he was going to crush me on the golf course and at the range.  "Blue jackets going back to it's rightful owner" that's all I heard the days before my arrival and after I pulled in on a Monday afternoon. Quite honestly I was sick of hearing it.  There is a very nice 9 hole golf course there nestled into the side of the mountain that my good friend Bob is the club pro.  Bob plays there often, early mornings on days off sometimes picks up nine after work so it was good playing with him cause he has all the knowledge. Bob invites me to come out and play 18.  Well after that 18 Bob was dreadfully behind, I was playing shut up golf.  We decide to take a break enjoy a tasty burger in charming downtown Kellogg.  For some reason the crushing  before lunch was not big enough for I needed to crush him for another nine.  Bob then thought "if  I can't crush him on my own personal course I play all the time, at the range I surly can".  Plain stupid the boy was, something
 like 23 out of 25 with the clays.  Maybe Bob was just showing me a good time?  A good time was had the following day for sure!  Friends with benefits it was.  Bob being the golf pro at his course is able to play other courses in his area for free!  Free!  A great price.   Circling Raven Course just 45 minutes away was where he chose.  A beautiful course, ultra nice carts, free towels, heated bathrooms in the middle of nowhere, and the tee boxes were kept immaculate.  Tee time is 8:30 and me kicking his ass started at about 9:30.  Pouring would describe the rain at tee time, and it took me a while to dial in the shut up golf.  Did I mention the carts had personal ball and club cleaners?  Here is a picture of their awesome club house and one of their carts.  The woman comes with the cart she is the ball cleaner, this place is great!  Call for reservations anytime!  Well I could go on and on about the place but I won't, I kicked his ass there as well.  Thanks for the great time Bob and Paige.

1 comment:

Bob said...

It's all true.
Every word of it, true.