Saturday, November 19, 2011

And there she sits.


Fred G. has a saying, more than one actually, but one that rings true today. "All the could haves in the world don't amount to one I did". True my friend. Especially today.

Last night I went to bed thinking about the possibility of hunting today. It was snowing and I have been working hard at the ole' job getting ready for the upcoming season of skiing here in North Idaho. Maybe, I thought, I would not wake early and brave the snow crusted roads as I do have tomorrow off and, with NFL Sunday Ticket, could record my game for later viewing. Mistake! I woke up several times around 3am to 5am and looked out the window to see a winter wonderland of snow and 20 degree cold, the whole time thinking to myself I should be on my way to the blind or maybe the point. At the very least I've got tomorrow to slay.

So after getting out of bed and doing my chores I received a text from the boss lady. Mountain is opening Monday, would I be able to come in Sunday and train the new techs so they are ready for the early open. Of course I had to say yes, I need the money to pay for my new battery and cables. Hunting opportunity: Gone.

So there it is. Should have, not did. My consolation is that Wednesday Rocky the bartender, his Dad and I are heading to the blind to revel in the beauty of Anderson Lake and slay. Problem being that as the tour-guide I get to do all the calling and spotting but less of the shooting. I'm sure it will be a great day and I will shoot 7 Greenies but the reality is often different from the fantasy. Don't mess with the fantasy. I should have listened to 'The Expert'. See, another should have......

GBCH

1 comment:

Greenie said...

tears my friend, tears. tomorrow we will raise to you and your new techs.