Monday, November 21, 2011

Day Six Oregon







We Start the day early at 4:30 to ensure we get the point at the Old Spot.  With bags filled with new blocks and high hopes we start the long walk out. We arrive and set out our new shiny blocks, E-7 helps with the blinds. Were set, were looking good, we have 45 minutes to go. Killing time arrives and and in no time Cliffy V. is pulling the trigger, once, folds a greenie, NICE! Me forgetting I was using my semi I forgot to pull the trigger again, missed opportunities when your in first place are like people sticking knives in your back trying to vie for your spot. For the Old Spot the morning fly was spectacular.  A few more fly by's and some shots taken, even by the prospect Ed who after taken a shot earned his name of E-7. Figure it out. Some while into the day Cliffy V. says "Fred G. how bout a sammy to bring them out." I walk back to the bag to grab them turn around and about 10 greenies fly into the spread. When I say fly into the spread I mean I'm 10 yard from the guys in the blind, I could see into the eyes of the greenies and see their inner souls. I mean if I had a seven iron I could have swung it with one arm and taken out at least seven of them. I'm back in the bushes and I'm missing it! "Guys Guys what the Hell?" One says he wasn't sure if he should shoot, the other could not get his hand out of his glove!  Well Cilffy V. goes for a walk, I take his spot so I could play with Leroy.  I notice Leroy needs a little help, a little fixin.  Just as I'm out there fixin Leroy Cliffy V. comes back sits in his chair and ducks fly in, WHILE I'M OUT FIXIN LEROY!!  I shout pull the string, SHOOT!  Cliffy folds another bird E-7 gets a few more shots off, while I'm standing out by the water!  Now I'm scared, Cliffy is now in sole second place and one behind me.  I have to do something but quick.  Well Heston answered my prayers, a hen fly's in she's mine, one shot and she lands be hind us.  The sky turns blue time to split.  Still two up.  I can still breath.




No comments: