Friday, December 23, 2011

I Thought He Was Mr. Obvious


So a couple times now I drop some words on the people of the masses.  Within those words were doors, doors to be opened by Cliffy.  Shot a duck, Leroy and now we should road trip.  I left the road trip door wide open, guess I have to walk through it, here it goes. A while back Cliffy says he was invited to head down south to his buddy Brennan's place to do some duck and goose hunting, Cliffy mentioned me and asked if it would be okay if I came too.  (why they would want the Expert there I don't know)  Some of the following facts are not correct I will embellish the best I can.  I will give you all the important stuff I know. This friend of Cliffy and his buddy bought 3000 acres of flooded rice fields outside Sacramento CA with  11 other people.  There they have 12 blinds set up that they rotate the blinds amongst themselves.  Brennan set up a 50 foot trailer on the property that's equipped with stuff.   Brennan wrote to Cliffy and gave him the down low on what to expect:

- We have decoys out at all the blinds, we also have 3 mojos and 2 wind-ducks that we can set up at whatever blind we hunt. Leroy looks sweet so feel free to bring him as well. Also, new friggin development...Kevin and I just bought 18 dozen silhouette wind-socks for goose hunting...I know kind of budget and not as good as shells, but there is a ton of geese flying and we need to find a way to get in the goose hunt! We can hunt ducks in the morning and geese in the evening.
- We typically hunt the morning, take a break and hunt the evening, but we can do whatever. If it's shooting then let's keep hunting!
- We're hunting flooded rice fields. We'll be in a blind with stools and flip top lids...except when we go for geese, then we'll be in a goose pit/dry field.
-Right now the trailer has a charcoal grill, gas stove, and a cast iron skillet. I'm in the process of bringing more shit up there in terms of pots and pans, salt, oil, etc. No need to bring up that shit since I need to get it in there anyway, just let me know what you need.  

So the deal is that we drive down Friday January 6th leaving real early so we could hunt the evening fly.  Hunt all day Saturday and Sunday morning and come home Sunday night.  Cliffy and I provide some good food and drink.  In my dreams we kill so much the first two days that were tired of cleaning ducks a geese that we just come home on Sunday.  I guess it's time to buy some goose shot.  I wish I had more to say, Merry Christmas and GBCH.






  

No comments: