Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Hmmmmm.


Spending the day today talking myself out of a rescue Toller. You see, there's a Toller mix over in Spokane and she looks to be a beautiful dog. Problem is, well the problems are on many levels. For openers I want a puppy so I can be the one to teach it my habits, good or bad, and so that it can learn to leave our chunky and terrified kitty alone. Then the issue of working all the time and not knowing what we would do with a dog while we are gone during the day. Can't really leave it outside tied to a tree can I? What about food and vet costs? I need money for a new bathroom and maybe a vacation for Heston's sake, dogs eat money and poop, well, poop. Why did someone get rid of this dog? Is she a terror, a biter, a basket case? And what if the dog is gun shy or won't retrieve? Maybe won't play ball? See all these questions.

But then again.......

1 comment:

Fred G. said...

got to think an older dog is better than puppy maybe, less vet bills and such?