Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Hiawatha, not just a Native American

In fact, it's the new motor for the H7HT boat.  An early 50's Hiawatha 5hp motor to be exact.  They were produced by Gale (OMC) and sold by Gamble-Skogmo Auto and Department store.  This fine example now powers the boat to a rollicking top speed of 'brisk walk'.




Sold my extra set of golf clubs to a coworker, got a few tips from happy customers, looked on Craigslist and found this beauty in Post Falls ID.  After driving through the trailer hood I found the mobile home with the red door.  Guy comes out covered in tats and big gauge earrings followed by a snively 2 year old.  I must be in the right place! Lo and behold the thing runs and for a mere $125 it's mine and took us on a successful trip out to Popcorn Island on Killarney Lake.  First we even powered up river for a while to be sure it would run against the current and it eaisily bested the 2hp my neighbor and I tried last month.  Next up I plan to change the plugs and give it a nice lube, check the impeller and paint it a dull green to fool that punk Greeenie.  Then we are off to the river to search for new spaces to slay.  Praise Heston!

No comments: