Wednesday, August 08, 2012

After watching several episodes of Barter Kings on TV I decided to try my luck at finding a new motor for the boat.  The old Hiawatha, while classic and cool, was far from the perfect choice for reliable trips into the backwaters of the CdA river.  I started with an empty Kleenex box and worked my way up to this Mercury 7.5hp outboard.  It now is at the mechanic getting the ole' once over to be sure that everything is going to be perfect.  I think it should power the boat well.  Soon Willie and I will be doing some scouting for new and exciting places to slay ducks and geese.  Many of the areas we want to hunt have been off limits because we can't find a way to cross the river but now that is moot.  Game on!

To cap off my day, when I returned home from my day of barter kingship my sweetie had made me chocolate chip cookies for no reason other than she's awesome.

GBCH

No comments: