Monday, October 22, 2012

Idaho: Day 4

Day 4 was the first time hunting alo...... Oh my Heston whose puppy is that!?  Is this your puppy!?  This isn't my puppy!  Where did this.... He looks good alright! Yeh?

Man that's one good lookin puppy.  Anyway,  all due respect to Peat, Day 4.  Hunting alone, so for certain I had a cougar shell loaded up and ready to go, just in case the cougar was waiting for me. I somehow escaped again.  When I got to the point on Anderson I put out as many blocks as I could carry knowing full well the 'Expert' believes in mass.  Who am I to disagree?  So with 22 blocks and the mojo spinner out I waited for morning fly while ducks called each-other and flew off in the distance.  Shooting time was close at hand and I spoke to the other Founder, Fred G, by text.  He was hunting too.

Right away a lone mallard (or other big duck, it was still dark) passed from the right.  I took the shot and missed.  Then the small ducks started to fly in and taunt me with their grace.  I passed on the divers and other small ducks waiting for the elusive mallard.  It took some time before a set of two flew in from the right, passed high in front and then flew in again.  Two shots rang out from the Benelli right at the lead greenie....

two from my bent gun
all I could carry
A lone feather floated down into the spot where I had taken the shot.  It looked graceful in its abstract path towards my beautiful decoy spread as I thought to myself about the missed opportunity I just had given up.  No greenie for me today.  Of course, divers landed in the spread, then more came in from the left.  Then even more swam in from the front and all had a nice party in the water just out in my blocks.  I thought they made great living decoys for greenies that may want to fly in but none did.  I waited for another hour before I decided to do a $50,000 remodel on the blind.  New shrubbery and grasses now make the blind look perfect.  See if you can pick it out in the picture.  No.  Of course you can't.  Neither will the ducks in two days.



GBCH  


No comments: