Thursday, January 24, 2013

Idaho: Day 17

Late season spread
Well, I thought it was over.  My final day of the season out in the blind with my lone brother.  Just he and I facing down the scourge of  late season ducks, ducks with only one thing in mind, to poke out the eyes of children everywhere.  Just a perfect day of snow and scenery.  Unmatched by anything I see while sitting on the barcalounger.  But no.  It was not over.

Phone message from Clider: "You know it's the last chance we have to hunt together this season."  "We could be home early in time for you to do chores."  "Massive storm front moving in at 9am."  "Ducks everywhere!"  How could I say no?  I had already packed up my gear, cleaned the Benelli and thrown my decoys in a pile in the back of the shed but I could not say no.  I wanted to start on my bathroom remodel but I could not say no.  I really wanted to sleep in because I was tired from a great snowshoe the day before with my sweetie but I could not say no.  So off to Anderson we went.

Looking back or looking forward?
The 5 mallards that set down in our spread 2 minutes before shooting time were a great sign.  And shortly after, the 10 greenies circling forever before setting down at the end of the channel were another great sign.  But after that....  Nothing.  Of course Clider shot a Redhead in the channel on a walk to keep his feet warm, he is the 'Expert' after all, but nothing for Bob D.  The storm front never moved in and ducks were piled on top of one another out in the big waters of Lake CdA and we had nary a good look after 7:30 but...
How could I say no? 
Goodbye 2012/2013 season.
Hello new 'Expert' for 8 months.
Next year is going to be GREAT!


GBCH

3 comments:

Fred G. said...

didn't even have to clean my gun

Anonymous said...

C DaFolder had to clean your Idaho gun.

ZT said...

Everyone is always on the hunt for the next big influential voice in Hip Hop! Well, I encourage you to give a listen to: Jay Marley Shakur! She is the New Age Teacher! Jay is a college educated woman with a masters degree in education who has talent and skills! She hails from Rochester,NY! Her love and passion for music stems very far and she is most definitely and up and coming artist. Most consider her to be a voice for the voiceless and a voice of hope.
Jay Marley Shakur is the artists name! To visit her website/preview her music please click on the link below! All the best!

http://reverbnation.com/jaymarleyshakur

Also check out Jay on YouTube-> http://www.youtube.com/Jmarleyshakur

Follow/visit her twitter page: @JayMarleyShakur

"Nothing is impossible. The word possible is in the word impossible. Dream big and go hard!"