Thursday, September 05, 2013

Tryin' not to think about it.


I have been doing my best to avoid thinking about the upcoming season.  Each year I get all twisted with anticipation thinking about how I will be 'The Expert' and how I will win both first duck and first Greenie. I start to count days and prepare gear.  New catalogs and magazines show up in the mailbox.  I think about searching Google Earth for new spots, building blinds, decoy strategies and even do stupid things like buy a boat.  Not this year!
It's been colder in the mornings.
I see leafs changing.
Football starts this week.
How in the name of Heston am I supposed to ignore all this?  So this morning I get up and check the computer box for mail and to see if there is any money in my bank account (there isn't) and try not to think about it.  I sing, 'Tryin' not to think about it' then I wonder just what the heck happened to the J Giles Band.  So being as I'm sitting right in front of the computer box I find out, and in the process of finding out I come across this video.  Instantly it's 1983 and I'm listening to WPLR and lo and behold, I'm not thinking about hunting.  Hope it works for you too.

No comments: