Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sunday Bitter Sunday



Cliffy says to me today why so bitter? "Why the bitter beer face? Why you got to be so down on us?" Well I'll tell you why.  I'm sick of it, call me bitter. I'm tired of no water, no blind, no ducks, 2 mile walk in two mile walk out, sky busters, waiting in line to shoot my gun, boot sucking mud, dog walkers.  But he says to me "Fred G. we are hunting, we find the best spots we can set up a blind in hopes of that one chance of slaying a green head".  Today was frustrating, only our third day out with nothing to show for it.  We have not seen a single duck that we would want in our totals. I say to Cliffy  "why do we have to search for water and build a blind every time we want to hunt?  It's going to take us an hour today just to build a blind to hunt over a puddle of water and then we won't even see any ducks.  The Idaho chapter just show up either in a boat or a short jaunt, throw out some blocks and wait for ducks to fly in."  This is after walking a couple hundred yards in severe boot sucking mud. Cliffy says to me "were hunting."  I'm not trying to belittle the ID chapter, if I had it like that I would too be happy, I would not make excuses for our greatness, I would embrace the way of life, and death.  Does anyone realize that Frank Zappa was writing songs about Zombies many years ago before Zombies were even cool? Yeah, Zomby Woof.  He knew about the Zombies!!  I guess what I'm saying is that if I never knew of another way of hunting I would have believed that this, the OR chapters way, was the only way.  I did not encounter any Zombies today while gathering greens and branches to build a blind on the island, but if I did I know I could have taken them out with my clippers with a strong swift stabbing to the head. Sorry for the bitterness, but the bitterness is just frustration and frustration don't put no ducks up in the totals.  I don't wish any ill will.  By the way Cliffy said today that he too wants to join the OR chapter out in ID in December, lets see what we could do about that, all the members hunting in unison, well Heston Damn!
The Blind that took us an hour to build out of nothing
just so that we could be 30 yards from the water


2 comments:

Bob said...

Cilffy In Da Ho?
Hells Yea!
He can sleep in the guest room and Fred in the shed.

Clider said...

h7ht guide boat will be in service as well.