Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Because $1.68 Is All I had.





Today was a good day to head out to Anderson and build up 'The Blind' in preparation for the fast approaching season.  Clider was unable to join me due to an unexpected trip to CdA so I was all alone in my bid to spend $1.68 on a new blind.

If you remember, last time at 'The Point' all the blind needed was a nice spruce up and some room for more hunters.  Things were different today.  Only one gnawed down stake was all that was left of the old blind, that and some dead branches forming the old backdrop.  I brought plenty of stakes and banged in 10 new posts which I then wrapped with twine.  The water level is still up and the current set up is a good 8 to 10 inches underwater right now but soon enough it will be high and dry.  I then cut some large shrubbery branches which were sunk into the soft shoreline to form a backdrop to keep us invisible from behind.  After that lots of scrub brush branches were cut and woven into the twine to form the basis for the camo cover.  I tied off more twine and left room for fresh cut grasses to cover the lower layers of the front of the blind.  Those will be cut and inserted on the spot to match the color and texture of whatever is there at the time.

In the pictures you will notice the sheer size of 'The Blind' this year.  It now has enough room to seat 4 hunters and 2 dogs should the need arise.  Both ends are open for easy ingress/egress and dogs to be able to quickly retrieve massive quantities of Green headed monsters.

It won't be long now.
GBCH


No comments: