Wednesday, December 24, 2014

I Don't Have ESP.



Know that time of morning when you aren't really sleeping but you're not quite awake?  That time when you could be dreaming, or maybe just thinking on a semi-conscious level?  Well 2 nights ago I had a 'dream' that was clear as day and terrific in subject matter.  I was at the new blind on The Tip and a mass of Greenies were coming in to land.  There must have been 15 to20 in the group and they were all spiraling around and right over my decoys.  The first of the French Canadian bastards was just aboot to touch down with his big orange feet out when I stood up and dropped him.  Just as fast my second shot took out the one to the left of him as they were pulling up and my third shot, which took a few seconds more, folded a third as he was turning to leave.  I watched them drop into the water in front of the new blind and felt the euphoria of shooting a triple.  Shortly after I woke and started to get ready for work.

That day at work I called Clider to find out what he had going the next day.  He and Otis had made a plan to hunt and we shortly discussed going to The Blind as the water is back to November levels due to all the rain (not snow) we have been getting.  I knew that I had to go to The Tip and Clider decided to choose Kilarney instead.  Maybe he will tell us about it someday.

The forecast called for large quantities of rain or snow and I woke early just in case I had to drive the Swedish Truck through tons of snow, but sadly it was just pouring rain.  I passed Cliders truck and boat at the gas station in Rose Lake on my way and got to Anderson with time to spare.  The drenching rain did nothing to help me set up but the stiff wind helped the decoys look the part.  I realized then that in the dream it was sunny and clear but, whatever.  The rain turned to snow.  It snowed harder.  Geese flew by nowhere near me.  The wind died off.  No ducks flew. I slowly came to the realization that I don't, in fact, have ESP. 

I did take this picture though.  I don't think it can do justice to how wet the back of my neck and wrists to elbows were but I still have to admit that I had a great day watching the snow and scenery while not being at work.  Next time I will remember the classic line from everyone's favorite movie, "Why do you have to mess with the fantasy?  We know the reality, don't mess with the fantasy" 
GBCH


No comments: