Monday, March 09, 2015

Viva Sayulita! (Finale)

The last few days of this trip was pure silliness.  It started off with an all inclussive eating/drinking trip to an island.  Yup, on a 56 ft. catamaran to a protected island that is the breeding ground for Boobies.  Blue Footed Boobies.  We set sell (sp.) at 9 a.m. with margarita's/bloody mary's in hand.  Moments later we were in the mix of a Humpback Whale breeding pod.  Absolute craziness having this size of an animal literally 'fucking' around your boat.  Not to be rude, but I was seriously to hard to go grab my camera.  The boat submerged an underwater microphone for a few moments to listen to the 'justice at hand' and we continued offshore (country regulations).  2 hours later, we arrived at the island and were given strict instructions on our impedement.  We swam through a cave that gave us access to the beach (of the center of the island) and were surrounded by the cliffs of the 100 yd circular island that is the breeding ground of the Blue Footed Boobie.  All I could think about was my shotgun.  To have this endagered species stuffed and mounted next my Bald Eagle is the dream of all white trash Americans!  Because the tourism money is so fierce, the crew disbanded the 'no drinking zone' and continued back to the mainland.  This is where it get's sappy for a second......on the way back, we were encompassed by a pod of dolplhins.  Ya, I had a drink in hand while sitting on the bow (trampoline section of the catamaran) and the dolphins were right underneath me surfacing and playing.  Totally 'gee', but I'll remember for the rest of my life.
Out for drinks on the last night, we ended up at the favorite Italian/Mexican Fusion Restaurant of our picking.  Luca, the owner of the restaurant, fed us his own prized tequilla.
We made a bet....we ate fermented Agave (texture of membrillo)
and deciphered a cheese pairing.  I said triple cream....he rallied with Pecorino Remano.  I lost.
Therefore, I drank 6 oz. of his tequilla with a spoon.  Who lost?

Not many people enjoy coming back from a vacation like this, but I did.  I got back back at 10 p.m. knowing I had to be at work at 4 a.m. the following morning.  But when I got back, I was showered with 2 hours of love by...
.....Cliffy's best friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excelent recount of your vacation. I am truly jealous of your warm weather boobie viewing. Meanwhile here in Idaho it's raining and all our snow is gone. You win for sure!