Monday, August 03, 2015

As Summer Draws Near.....

What a summer!  Let's reflect what has all happened in the Cliffy world starting back in May.  Well, Waylon and I went on our Saturday morning stroll and took a new route.  Unfortunately, we walked past some section 8 housing with a pit bull chained up to a post.  The pit bull charged, broke it's chain  and attacked Waylon.  For 10 minutes the 2 dueled (with me in the middle trying to keep them seperate).  The pit bull had the upper hand but after 5 minutes when Waylon shook his leash the tides turned.  At one point I was literally punching Waylon because I thought he was going to kill the pit bull.  After those brutal 10 minutes and someone pulled over to help seperate the dogs, the owners finally came out of the house and the cops showed up.  Waylon ended up with about 10 puncture wounds, but the cops said the pit bull definately looked worse and took the beating.

Then Dave and I went on a Deschutes fishing trip for 3 days.  Well, we missed the final campgrounds and it turned into a 2 day trip.  But, Dave caught a bull trout and I caught a massive hangover!  We then spent the following day playing 27 holes at a local pitch n put and I took over as leader on the money board with a $1 bet.

Don't tell anyone, but Waylon is a Transformer.  He ate a bee and turned into a Shar Pei.  $100 and 2
hours later, he turned back into a Lab.  Remember...don't tell anyone!


What else....... oh ya, I moved a door in the house and had the dining room gutted.  Then, John and I built a new deck!  It's fucking sweet!  Take a look...










We found a dead possum underneath the old deck!  It had been there awhile.




John bought a Yeti cooler cooler for himself (smaller than mine so everyone knows), and we've been doing the following program: 1 layer ice, sprinkle a little rock salt, 1 layer beer x 3 layers.  20 minutes later you have the coldest beer in the world for 3 days.  It's impressive.  In fact, I think I'll go get one right now.  Ya, much better.  John also bought us Yeti insulated mugs.  How did I ever live without this?  Yesterday, John poured me a beer and I drank all but one sip and fell asleep for 2 hours.  When I awoke (still with the beer in hand), I took the last sip and it was as cold as the first.  Then I took it bed as a glass of ice water and when I awoke there was still ice in it.  Amazing!

I'll leave at this for now as I don't have time to write about the garden that I'm completly sick of.  If I have to eat one more tomato, lemon cucumber, zucchini, tomatillo, pepper, eggplant, beet or romesco then I'm gonna throw up all over the neighboor kid and his new drum set.

No comments: