Wednesday, September 09, 2015

It Must Be Time For Another.

Goodbye to the Ole' Brown Betty!

Hello next money pit vehicle!

Today I sold off my old truck to some kid from Pinehurst that needed a truck to go to work.  Hope he makes lots of money to afford the gas that he is sure to buy at a stunning 8mpg.  Sure, the old truck ran well, always started, hauled anything I put in it, was yet another custom H7HT creation and brought me to The Point multiple times with the capacity to bring home the hundreds, if not thousands of Greenies I shotten. But times have changed.

Do I have the 'Crazy Eye'?
Many of you know I will not be hunting for the first month of duck season so I can go back East and help my Mother through some tough times.  The gutters need cleaning and the yard needs to be raked. She also is getting some chemotherapy. The good news is that we are all positive that she will come through this well and be her old self in no time.  And that means with me out of the picture the competition for 'The Expert' title is up for grabs by anyone with access to a truck, boat and a gun.

Hey, that could be you!

But it's not me.  Not yet anyway.  Now that I am flush with tons of cash there is only one thing to do, and that's to find another hunting rig.  I'm thinking Jeep. And I start the search tomorrow. Rest assured that you will hear aboot it first right here in this very blog.  If past experience is any indication of how long it takes me to make a harebrained decision on another bad vehicular conveyance then stay tuned.......
It may be tomorrow.
GBCH


No comments: