Friday, September 25, 2015

Well Over a Quarter Million Already Spent This Year.


A couple days ago I had an extra $2 in my pocket.  Rather than save it for a rainy day I did the only sensible thing I could, I bought a Power-ball Ticket.  Fast forward to yesterday. Secure in the knowledge that I must have won the 236 million dollar jackpot Clider and I headed out to build some blinds.



The first stop was at 'The Blind' on Anderson.  Water levels here are down quite a bit in our neighborhood but only slightly lower as you get closer to the lake.  All the old stakes and blind cover had been blown away from 'The Blind' but I was happy to see that water levels are good enough to support a new hide being built.  Clider spent a lot of time creating a path towards the bike trail and in the process cut down tons of cover material. I strung the new stakes and sank backdrop cover into the ground.  We then did a preliminary camo on the new shape of the new 'The Blind' and made it ready for an opening day grassing and cat-tailing.  While we were busy sweating and spending $187,692 on this part of the lake Peat did absolutely nothing, no wonder he's such a fat slob.



At this time I must mention that as Clider and I cruised by boat to the pylons, and over to 'The Other Side' to get a look around at possibilities, I was not wearing a life jacket.  I did not die.



We docked at 'The Point' and I was amazed by what I saw.  Normally it's all grown in with grasses and cover and all you need to do until the first hard freeze is cut out a nice spot and make room for chairs.  This year our lack of rain and high heat meant that nothing really grew on land.  What did grow was tons of new marsh grass in the bay to the left.  If I was a duck that's where I'd want to be.  In fact the only Greenies we saw were back in the reeds near a spot that Clider has been itching to boat hunt in. Again we spruced up 'The Point' to the tune of $76,268 and made it ready to go.  Peat did some fine retrieving drills and we made it back in time for me to fall asleep in my chair watching the Giants beat up on the hapless Redskins.



 GBCH

1 comment:

Fred G. said...

I can't wait to die there