Saturday, November 28, 2015

Bleak Friday




Ahhhh, the day after Thanksgiving.  The day all good Americans flock to shopping centers everywhere to buy a big television the Chinese made just for us.  Clider and I went shopping too, shopping for meat.


I picked up Clider and trusty New Black Betty brought us to Anderson with ease.  We started for The Point but after just a few minutes there we realized that The Tip was the place to be.  Clider stayed behind on that side to place decoys there and I headed over to fill the waterline on the other.  We have yet to build a hide on The Tip so I spent .86 cents on some grass and a couple sticks to keep us invisible to the inevitable flocks.  Piles of ducks and geese flew before shooting time and we slowly settled into a rhythm of calling and hoping.  Even though the decoys looked great only a few opportunities came our way. I had a small duck fly straight at me at well over a thousand MPH and had no choice but to try to blast him, but fortunately I missed as he would have been ground to a pulp buy some 4 shot at only 3 feet away.


Clider took his walks and I stayed hidden behind a stick but really not much happened.  The wind died off and the sun warmed us to a whopping 20 degrees and we decided to go.  On the way home we did a little scouting and found that The Theatre was holding mucho patos holmes.  Clider will have to tell that story.
GBCH


No comments: