Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Cillin For the Donald Oregon Chapter



Cliffy and I get to the lot a little early because of the competition we have been encountering.  Well, we are greeted by three trucks.  Everyone is busy loading their packs and blowing up float tubes, Cliffy and I Scooby Doo right out of there in front of them, if it's one thing we know is "Be Prepared."  We make it to the field and we are talking aboot how cool we are because we just Scooby Doo'd everyone in the parking lot and we are going to have the choice spot with the water way up.

I give a spy back to see where the Mallakas are.  Wouldn't you know one set is right behind us, and gaining!  What the hell!  It's not like Cliffy and I are lolly gagging, we're walking a  good clip.  They pass us.  In all my years I have never been passed on the walk in, or the walk out.  Cliffy explains to me that it is because we are getting old.  No I say, No!  One Mallaka is only caring a gun, the second Mallaka has a small backpack and the third Mallaka has a bag of blocks with like 8 small bodies.  Meanwhile I have 16 FULL sized blocks, chair, bag of clothes, ammo bag and wiki.  We get to the water, we caught them, they are confused aboot the water, they don't know where to go.  As soon as they see us they get moving, moving in no direction. I know where I am going.  I B-Line to my spot and claim it ours.  These 3 Mallakas are not going to take our spot.  

It's raining pretty good but considerably warmer than last week, we're talking 34 degrees.  I set the blocks as Cliffy builds the blind, I know that sounds crazy but with the Blind of the Year already under my belt I decided to let Cliffy enjoy the puzzle.  Wind and rain.  A quiet morning fly.  The fourth Mallaka walks in front of the blind just caring his gun joining his buddies.  Cliffy and I scratch our heads, he must have won a bet that he can show up at cillin time with just his gun and hunt.  There are the 4 Mallakas to our right, 2 different Mallakas across the river from us and then there is the guy on the island with a dog.  Oh, how do I know he has a dog?  A few opportunities to pull the trigger were lost due to not looking in the right direction.  With the fooseball waiting for us on the television we decide to call it.  Cliffy stated that next week we are going to stay out there all day.  What ever it takes Cliffy, guess I'm packing a big boy bottle.  GBCH


No comments: