Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Greenies For Everybody!

Today's photo is blurry on purpose.  It's the spot Clider always shoots ducks and he does not want the throngs of blog readers to know where we are.  Did I say Clider always shoots ducks here?  Well, Otis does too, and today I was fortunate enough to be invited along with not one, but two great slayers.  The kayak ride in was interesting and somewhat challenging in the heavy duty waders I was told to wear.  After overheating paddling and dragging my full kayak it turned out none of my gear was needed.  A minimalist spread was set and it was on right from the opening bell.

Otis cil'd first, then Clider, then even I one shotted a nice greenie. Ducks were flying everywhere and even though I felt not well concealed the ducks just wanted in. Oh, did I mention they were all mallards?  They were.  The only shot taken on a non-mallard was a teal that Otis knocked dead and a goose that he blasted as well.  Both Otis and Clider were off on a walk when another teal landed just next to me and swam off.  Turns out it was the teal that Otis shotten and it decided that hanging out at his feet for 10 minutes was long enough. It swam off never to be seen again.

I missed on no less than 3 great greenie shots and right as we were discussing pulling up for the day I finally got my 2nd of the day.  A great day for me but better for both Otis and Clider.  Otis left with a goose and 6 ducks that may have been all greenies. Clider added to his count by taking 5 greenies and a hen.  Stupid 'Expert'.  How will I ever catch up if I continue to shoot with my gun not connected to my shoulder but braced on my elbow?  I won't.  The only good news is tomorrow we may be right back at the same area.  If I had to name it, I'd call it "double secret probation".
GBCH

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny how you guys don't bring me there and "put me on ducks."