Friday, November 01, 2019

It's Good To Be Back?

 So.
After wondering if I would be done with the blog forever it seems that Clider has spurred me into action.  He actually posted something about his hunting exploits and I have to admit I felt a little twinge of jealousy.  See, I like writing about all the good and bad things that happen out there in the blind.  All the moments when fat banded Greenies come floating down into our perfect decoy spread, locked up, waiting to meet all 3 inches of steel coming from the Benelli I hold in my cold frozen hands.  Other times I think about sitting at my computer wasting my time trying to entertain the thousands of readers that we don't have.

Well, I chose the Blog.  I chose to not waste my time, because for me at least, this is my way to remember and catalogue all the ways I enjoy myself out in the blind.  Out in nature the way Heston intended.  Freezing cold and trying to remember what time I have to get home in time for Judge Judy.  And sometimes it actually works out the way we hope.  Benellis blazing and ducks folding. So, without further adieu, welcome back old friends.  Here goes.

These photos show how the second half of my day went.  The fist half was spent kicking out some yard work and picking up my Sweeties car from its month long fixes at the mechanic.  Now, the Escalanch is free to spend its time with the kayak on top, waiting to burn lots of gas going out to hunt rather than being a poor choice for a daily driver.

I took my car to Cabellas wonderland of 'stuff I need' and boughten two decoy riplers with the gift cards my dear Mother gave me for being such a good Son.  Thanks Mom!  Turns out that the boys at Duck Commander will give you a free duck call if you send them a copy of your receipt.  I sent them a nice note thanking them and also inviting them to check out the Blog.  (Welcome New Readers!)  Then I came home and starting thinking.  "What else could I be doing?" I asked.  Clearly the only answer was to wash my Dakotas in the sink and set them out to dry on the counter overnight.  washing them with a hose seems pretty disrespectful to me afterall. The last time Clider and I went out a couple days ago they were not so pretty.  That's right!  We went out last week!  Didn't hear aboot that?  Well, that's because I didn't blog then.  Aren't you glad I'm back?

So, stay tuned.  I'm going out sometime this week to try out my new motion bag.  3 different rippling decoys and a newly streamlined jerk rig with the cleanest Dakotas around.  I'm going to slay for sure.
GBCH

No comments: