Monday, November 25, 2019

Photo Exposé

It's been a busy fall, and despite assuring myself that I'd just go hunt a bunch, life has been keeping me busy with other things for the most part. Things are good, but the hunting could have been more betterer.  I've been out scouting mid day with June a few times, and even tossed a couple decoys out here and there. We went on a really long walk around noon one day and spent a few hours exploring new to me areas around Black Lake. But, but both the scouting and the "hunting" was mostly unproductive. I do have a better knowledge of the land, but not of where the birds are. June got exercise and quite a bit of practice with dummies and even a couple real birds. She is shaping up into a retrieving machine despite the lack of real bird opportunity.

Bob and I did get out and hut together at Anderson one morning, but we shotten no birds. Except the one fat greenie dropped in the thickest reeds in the whole world. I stomped around in there for a good chunk of the day with June, but wasn't able to find him. First bird lost in a long time, and it feels bad. Bob might have got a duck, but it was probably a hen widgeon. I guess he would have posted about it if it happened.

What follows are mostly a few snippets of bird watching with a shotgun. 
Fur missile getting dummies 


Drove out and watched the evening fly over a few blocks on Medicine Lake.
No action but a nice view. 

Jumped a couple Buffleheads on Black. June got some practice and I got some delicious pan seared breasts. Mo got a house that smelled like fish for 10 hours. 

Post walk. 


Scouting turned into a quick evening hunt with zero birds seen. 

June in between dummy retrieves.
 She's guarding the pile of shotgun trash left behind by actual human trash. 

Is this thing on? Dog in boat. 

Can you use this in town? 
Can you hit your car on the first shot?

Quail are surprising, pheasant are elusive, and Washington made me pay for three days to go hunt for a couple hours. Thanks Washington. 












Looked promising, got out there, saw birds all day at 80 yards. So many greenies, so zero opportunities. 

No comments: