Thursday, March 01, 2007

Crazy Andy, where is he now?

Hello From thailand!
I hope things are going well.

Kevin and I traveled from the beach in Cambodia....after I got a 24 hour bug(wheww-bad one) to the capitol, Phnom Phen, for one day and then further north to Kratie, where we saw the Irawaddy dolphins in the Mekong River. Then an ardous trip to the remote border crossing of Cambodia/Laos by bus, boat, bus, boat to the 4000 islands of Laos.

This was really nice...very peacful place and nice to just swim in the Mekong or see the nearby waterfalls. By this time..... we were up to 5 of us...... with the addition of a couple from us/germany and a girl from switzerland. I was on a rope swing and managed to sprain my ankle and that put me out of commision for a couple of days.

We went further up into laos and to a temple in Champosak and then to the Bolevan Highlands where we went elephant riding and saw more waterfalls...staying in a little bungelow with pigs, chickens, geese, dogs, cats and animals i'm sure i have forgotten.

I managed to get the bug again there....but not as bad....3 out of the 6 of us got the bug.

I left this morning for the border of Thailand and now I'm just over the border waiting for a night train to bangkok. It leaves in several hours for the 12 hour journey(6pm to 6am).

I hope your all doing well and I should be home on march 1st!
andy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear the girls from switzerland have no morels

Bob said...

I hear the guys from the U.S. have no spellin'. Or maybe those girls have mushrooms?