Monday, November 24, 2008

Day Seven East Side

Oh thank heaven, for day seven. While Bob was away slaying Cardinals, way to go Bob, I left for the east side at an early 11pm. To my surprise the line was even longer than the first time we did an overnight. I awoke at 5 am to a brisk clear morning. As the line was moving I could sense Lis was not feeling right. Anyway I get to the shack and not much was left believe it or not, I was lucky enough to land Mudhen 7. What a beautiful morning it was, the moon and sun rising in the same sky, and brisk . Remember how every year we bitch and moan about Sauvies Island, well here it comes. As I'm walking out I pass by blind 6, I give them a "morning" and a dog barks, then a guy says "quiet!" then "here!" "OFG", I think I could see how this morning is going to go. Sauvies is a great place to hunt, lots of water, nice blinds, and a lot of action. Problem is birds are weary due to the constant shooting and calling. People taking shots at 70, 80, and even 100 yards. Today was no different. But there was one difference today, today I was able to work some ducks into my spread, until a dog barked every time and make the ducks flair. I think the dogs name was God Damn It, cause that's all I heard from down there. " God Damn It get back" "God Damn It be quiet". Here's a little something to all you people who think it would be great and cool to bring your dog hunting with you. Yes it would be cool if your dog was trained properly before you bring it out to a large populous area. Bring it out to a small out of the way area like Twin Falls and train the dog properly. I was fortunate to land a nice Pintail today, with one shot, committed to my spread, and also two more solid shots but missed. But those shots were two committed ducks. After a great morn- ing the sky was blue and calm. I called it. I get back to the shack and check out and driving away I notice Lisa was still not feeling well, I asked her if she could make it off the island and she said she couldn't. So Lis is back at the doctors. May Heston lay his hands on her. Get well Lis. That's my day, day seven, Bob was away and I did slay but he will be back with the team on Wednesday. Stay Tuned.


Fred G. Out From the East Side

1 comment:

likabika said...

Is Lisa back from the Dr. yet? She is in both Bubbles and I thoughts and prayers. Great job on the blog. Go H7HT!