Wednesday, December 09, 2009

It's Only Natural Part II



Gunner has the duck back on shore and everything is cool. I turn to fellow hunter and say with respect "you mind if I set some deeks some ways down?" I think with that statement he knew exactly who he was dealing with, who else shows such respect for other hunters but the H7HT? He says have at it and wishes me luck. I make my way down the slough to a familiar place, me and TJ, feels almost like home, except someone has made some home improvements, for the better no less. You could fully stand up, protected by the wind and even a small log bench for sitting. It's kinda like that drunk dude on Sunday nights on ABC who fixes up dem poor peoples houseses. I set my blocks get back to the blind and start to put another layer on, it's cold! My waders are around my waist, my head is going through a thick turtle neck and I have one arm in a sleeve when three greenies fly into my spread. Startled and pleasantly surprised I pick up the Benelli and unload 3 shells, only feathers my friend the elusive greenie survives another day. Wait the day does not end there I just got there remember? Some diver ducks then fly into my spread and land. No shots taken who wants to clean and eat a diver duck? They are happy and content, I could walk around the blind, jump up and down they do not care. I'm also happy they are there what is better than live deeks? So now I have a Nike swoosh and some live deeks and I have to tell ya my spread is looking good. Soon enough more ducks are flying, just as they were at the end of last year, open water it is. I hear shots down the way, my fellow comrades are slaying, it is on! You know what Sancho Clause rides every Christmas to deliver them there goodies for all those girls and boys? Well Sancho dropped a massive hen mallard right into my spread and that's right the answer is slay. One shot, goodbye. It's Only Natural that I am the Expert.

But wait the day is still just getting started. Nothing but mallards and pintails for the rest of the day, no more shots were taken, I was pretty careful to take only shots that I knew I could fold and retrieve, that is what the H7HT do. But overall it was a pretty impressive day. To end it all off, as I am heading to the water to pull my blocks I scare up two hens and a greenies swimming to my spread to join the party. They fly down the shore a way and me being the expert now thinks that I can just walk down there and jump them. Well I jump them and they pick up and fly right into my spread. I give a good belly laugh and walk back, pick up my blocks and head home, my bag a little bit heavier than when I walked in.

2 comments:

Bob said...

Congratulations Fred G!
My respect is equal only to my envy.

Cliffy said...

Wow! Fred G the expert. I never would have guessed.....for now. The season ain't over buddy.