Friday, January 01, 2010

I'm Trying!!

I woke up and was going to take the driftboat out to McNary to do some scouting, but the wind was howling and I was not going to deal with getting pushed around all afternoon. So instead, I drove to eastside just to see what was available. I roll in and I spot the tags for Johnson 6 and 7. The whole lake to myself. Seeing that 7 was a short walk, I go to snag it when the gentleman behind the counter urges me to take 6. "It's not that much farther and you'll find better cover", he says. Alright, 6 it is. With 6 deeks and no chair, I strum my way to the backside of the lake, set my spread and take cover. 5 minutes goes by and it starts pouring, I mean dumping. 4 hours later, after standing in the rain, I pack it up. Pretty spot, no ducks, like the title says.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heston bless you Cliffy. He knows you are trying and will reward you with mucho patos holmes.
BDF
"The Expert"
5 days running