Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Letter to the Parks Department



Hello.

I am a duck hunter who has been duck hunting the slews at Lewis and Clark Park in Troutdale for about 16 years now. Recently the state ODOT has replaced old fencing along I84 west and blocked our entrance at about 2 miles past the Corbit on ramp making it impossible to park and hunt in that area. It is one of the most beautiful places in my opinion to hunt. I've contacted ODOT and received a prompt response saying they do not own the land beyond the fence that's why I'm writing you. I'm wondering if there is any way we could re-open the area to hunters? Thank you for any help and your time. I've also enclosed my corresponds with ODOT.

Thanks again
.

Fred G.
Hoy 7 Hunting Team
www.H7Ht.Blogspot.com


A response within seconds:

I have forwarded your inquiry to District Park Manager, Mark Stevenson, at Rooster Rock State Park. You can also reach him directly at 503-695-2261.

Richard Wilde
Oregon Parks and Recreation Department
Information Center
800-551-6949
M-F, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
park.info.@state.or.us
http://www.oregonstateparks.org/


No comments: