Saturday, October 22, 2011

Oregon Chapter Day Two Part 1










The day actually started on Tuesday afternoon as I was sitting in the office doing real important stuff.  The phone rang and it was Cliffy, inquiring as to what I was doing tomorrow morning. (knowing damn well what I was doing, he was just setting me up for a surprise)  He drops on me that he's taking the day off and suggest we slay together, but of course!  We decide to meet at the parking lot on Sauvies at 5:15 which in my mind really meant 5:00 and in Cliffys mind meant 4:45.  A little side note, on the ride out Lisa was a champ!.  We make it to the non-reservation line right at about the shitter, remember a good spot for two reasons.  We get to the shack and we are rewarded with Mud Hen 11, a super sweet little spot at the end of the slough.  We throw out our blocks settle into the highly revamped blinds with corn. grasses and camo cloth, only thing missing was Esparanza.  You all by now from reading the Blog what it's like in the mornings at Sauvies.  Before Cil time all birds, ducks and geese, are whistling by makinfg your finger pretty itchy and with a rose colored sunrise to boot.  Well needles to say at Cil time, Cliffy on my left, starts to go off.  Bam..Bam..Bam! Over and over, in the first few minutes Cliffy shot his gun 777% more than he did all of last year!  It's then I came up with with his new AKA.  "Fast and Furious like a 7 year old Chinese kid in a spelling Bee."  Cliffy was dropping a lot of "knowledge" on me, "should have shot at that man" I heard a lot, not my style or my teams and I had to remind Fast and Furious who we are and how we hunt.  My last bit of "advice" was "do you really want to take that shit duck home peel it and eat all 4 oz. of meat?"  It only quited him down a fraction, but it was awesome seeing him work his way through a half box of ammo.  We had some lunch, an awesome sandwich of pastrami and egg salad, and the sky turned blue and it got quiet.  After some time I turn to Fast and recommend that we call it, he replys with a "hell dude I took today off I'm out here all day!"  That's the end of day two part 1.  12:15pm.

No comments: