Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Day Five Oregon Chapter




Today was not a Sauvies day so no need to wake up at he crack of ass with a 7:19 start time.  After a restful sleep I load up Lisa. it's cold, clear and windy when I arrive in Troutdale.  I put a shell in the chamber for the cougar and head out to the Old Old Spot.  Ahead of me by a minute and a half are two guys with their dogs and they get the point before I can, so I take the Old Spot.  The morning fly was beautiful.  Many clouds of Mallards flying up and down the river.  A family of white tailed deer crossed the slough where I was.  A beautiful morning sunrise over Mt. Hood.  Did anyone else see that?   The flying stopped at about 10, I decide to pack it up if it's one thing we've learned over the years at the Old Old Spot is when not to over stay our welcome. But it was awesome seeing the old spot produce many ducks, just not in my bag.  Next week in Idaho, stay tuned.  





No comments: