Tuesday, November 01, 2011

GREENIE TIME!!!!!!!




Well, after working triple time over the weekend, I took today off and went hunting. I arrive at Sauvies at 4:40 and get what I think is a good place in line. Unfortunately, a lot of reservations show up. I'm left with Mudhen 12 and 13 to choose from. I take 12 and get on my merry way. I have my deeks and Leroy all set up with 10 minutes to spare. I grab my lighter and, and.........oh, smokes are in the truck. I race (in my bootfoot waders) to my truck and back to the blind before anyone has taken a shot. I sit in the blind with gun in hand until 10:00 and the fog starts to lift. Finally, I get to take Leroy for a spin! Bam.........he brings me in a Widgeon. After 2 years, I'm finally on the board. After a few more hours, watching pintails get shot at 50 yards away, a big fat duck comes cruising around the corner. Is that, is that, is that Greenie? I quack, I give Leroy a few tugs....................BAM!!!!!! Folded him. Greenie went down. He was so big, the aftershock of his waves sent my deeks to shore. Even with the 10 pound weights I have them. Anyways, that was my day.

GBCH.

1 comment:

Bob said...

Not only on the board...
The new "Expert"!
Way to go Cliffy

BDF
Former and impending "Expert"