Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day One Idaho-Oregon Chapters







Day one actually started off the day before, the day I arrived.  Bob picks me up at an early 8am we head to Cabelas pick up supplies.  As were heading towards Kellogg Bob drops on me that were going to stop by the lake and build a blind.  We arrive to the spot were going to build the blind and were greeted by a light snow and many ducks on the water what could be better.  We build the best blind ever pack up and head home.  My personal alarm wakes me up at 3am we pack up and head out, anticipation is great.  We arrive at 5am Bob takes care of business and were on our way down the Trail of Coeur d'Alene .    We pass the sleeping cougar make our way to the water and trow out the blocks and set the roto.  Morning rituals.  Morning fly is pretty strong and soon enough a mallard takes the bait, blamo Fred G. is on the board early but it was not easy.  Having just winged her she was swimming away pretty fast, I'm out of shells!   Bob hands me his gun and I'm running as fast as possible and making sure I enter the water through the same way we exited putting the blocks out.  I put a few more shells out there and with no avail.  I'm now standing over her and she is trying to hide by swimming under water through my legs.  Finally she's mine!  I make my way back to the blind, it was a fight.  Fred G. wins.  More shots taken by both and second chance widgeon comes in, she's mine.  She was a little easier, but still a small challenge.  Were jumping the gun, not putting the red in dead.  Talk ensues about the days events, happy with the out come we head home.  Jack and Coke anyone?

No comments: