Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Reunion Tour 2011



The first day was beautiful and productive, for Fred G. Now standing in the "Expert" spot with 3 whole ducks. He had surpassed the total that Cliffy had recently posted and was in the season lead but I had a trick up my sleeve. It was time for my spot on the point. After all, I let him have all the good shots. I am a nice guide to the Idaho Panhandle.

After a full moon night we knew that the hunting would be marginal at best. We arrived at the point on Anderson to a broken cloud layer and no real wind. The set was an old stand by with the wind light in our faces but high hopes for a good yield. Morning fly was wistling ducks before shooting time but then the sun rose into the clouds and the ducks started to come in. My gun, still being bent, was not on point but after a couple shots I managed to fold a Urasion Widgeon. Problem was that Fred shot another duck, a nice little Teal, and the totals were back to the same.

I don't really remember the rest of the day but I know it ended with us thinking that the best weather was upcoming and we would surely shoot more ducks the following day. Of course problems were in order, after all we are the H7HT.







2 comments:

Bob said...

Wait! Maybe it was the Shoveler VS. the Teal?

I got's the Alzheimers after all.

Bob said...

Wait! Maybe it was the Shoveler VS. the Teal?

I got's the Alzheimers after all.