Friday, November 18, 2011

Day Three Idaho - Oregon Chapters




Day three started of like every other hunting day.  Wake up super early with the super best alarm clock, big bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios, cup of java, pack up the truck and stop at the local Con Co for supplies and to see Jerry the fastest check out guy in the world.  This time was different.  It was time to fill the beast with go-go juice, thank Heston I brought my wallet.  Oh a quart of oil or two no problem.  I'm inside having a very intellectual conversation with Jerry, about the proper procedures to put down the mats when the floor is still wet.  A hour later when both tanks are filled I pay the man and step outside where Bob proclaims the truck won't start!  Yeah right I say not believing one word he is spewing and jump into the truck.  Well now Bob "DaMechanic" has the hood up and tapping stuff with his everything tool.  I look at it and say "dude your battery terminals are horribly dirty, clean those!"  No no he says, he thinks it's the battery, low he thinks it is.  Well it's now 4:30 am and it's time to take the long walk back to his house on the Trail of Coeur d'Alene, it's has now become a yearly ritual as Bobs mechanic will testify.  Half hour later we arrive at his house pick up Paige's car and head to Wal Mart to get a battery.  To make this story shorter here it is.  Install new battery, does not work, Einstein looks on WWW, I go to sleep, he can't fix it, walks across the street to mechanic, mechanic dude says clean terminals he does it starts.  Wait! didn't I say that?  Too late to hunt we walk the golf course and I kick his ass there too.  Naturally.








No comments: