Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Day Thirteen Oregon

Other hunters on the Columbia rigging their special decoys

Damn we've been hacked, Greenie bastard.  Day Thirteen was a Monday and a Sauvies Day.  I didn't go to Sauvies cause I wanted to roll old school and have an enjoyable hunting day.  Being this time of the year hunting starts real late, killing time was 7:16, so no need to leave the house super early which meant I could stay out a little later the night before with Kathy and our friends.  Well morning comes super early and I am not too psyched, I actually stand in the kitchen and contemplate the pro's and cons of leaving a warm bed with a sorry head.  Being the Expert right now there really is no reason for me to leave the comfy confines of my abode I thought.  Well that's BS!  Got to get out there.  Pack up, head out, walk out and find the water is right where I knew it was, low.  Wade over to the million dollar blind on the island and find that it's all still there set up from the last time, even the stick I put in the water to mark the level was still sticking in the mud, bonus.  I have a pretty good feeling this morning, the spot is just cherry, my blocks are sublime, and I've got the whole area to myself.  Morning rituals, christen the blind, christen myself, choke and so forth.  Well that was it.  Did not even see a duck.  Nothing.  At 10 I call it, can't even believe I made it to 10.  Where are all the ducks?  Maybe it's time for a road trip to go find some ducks, any ideas Cliffy?


No comments: