Saturday, December 03, 2011

Idaho: Day 10+5






So here it is, day ten and I'm hunting with Willie and his big ole' lab Peat. Unproven is Peat and I'm slightly sceptical as to his ability and dedication to the H7HT but willing to give him the opportunity to prove himself, Willy too. We're heading to the point after what can only be described as one of the quietest days I've had so far. Time will tell.


I was impressed.


Willy brought along a flask full of some kind of adult beverage and Peat was a 'good dog' not barking like Angel or running around like a hyper mutt. Only one thing was missing. Not the desire to slay, not the ability to shoot straight, but only the presence of ducks. Yep, no ducks. The morning fly was almost nonexsistant and only a fey ducks flew after the shooting time. I felt bad about introducing a new hunter to these conditions but then again, that's hunting.


Willy was happy just to be out and I think Peat was happy too. I myself was angry that all the ducks have made thier way to parts south but knew that their retun is inevitable. Peat was not so sure. We threw the bumper ofr him and made it fun for a 1 year old puppy so that he will be glad to return to the blind on the point but I'm thinking that Willy is not so sure. Turns out he is psyched and ready to try again next week. Good news.


Stay tuned for more from the newly minted 'Idaho chapter with dog'. Next time will surely be great!


On a nonrelated note, I made my first turns of the 2012 season. Knees are weak and my skills are lacking but the snow is OK for this time of the season. And the views are great. Check my picture looking from the top of chair 2 out to the Wardner peak. Sweet!


GBCH.









2 comments:

Greenie said...

Willie I love you, dog, big flask, and a blue milk crate. xoxoxo

Greenie said...

oh yeah tuck that wader shirt into your waders, this team don't bust no sags! beyotch!